Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chapter 5 - Reflection Room

Chapter 5

Imagine yourself to be immersed in light. Everything is white, it blinded you. There is no sense of time or space. Only you alone, balancing your mind and keeping your existence intact; focusing deep into yourself, searching, confirming memories and knowledge. At times there will be voices asking and probing your memories. There will be fake memories, endless nightmare and dreams; it is to be in another reality that keeps on changing. Most of people will go insane within a day, most of the disciples will need to be revived and reprogrammed. Maria and Leyla have been in and out of the Reflection Room since they were 13, average of 24 times per year and never once they had to be revived nor reprogrammed even though they had the Analyzer and Healers to think otherwise. The fake information and memories kept them alive and far from the High Priest reach. At coming of the age of 21, it’s a walk in a park for them, a relaxation break.

Maria… Can you please stop playing around and connect with me, please

The view around her changed. Before, she was walking in a wood fill with roses, the sweet smell nauseated her as she feels the thorns tighten around her ankle that nearly dropped her onto the ground, when suddenly, she fell forward onto a table instead. She looked around and there was Maria, giggling in front of her at a café named Starbucks. She is dressed in plain white tube with high-waist black pants, making her petite, 5 ft figure looked taller. On the head of the chair, she hung her black coat.

Leyla!!! I miss you…it has been what?? Oh, 72 hours since I have spoken to you

Frowning at her, she grabbed Maria’s hair and said

It has been precisely, 77 hours and 25 seconds since you switch off your mind and let me take over you during James Idiot’s class

Laughing and grabbing Lelya’s hand, Maria said

Oww…oww…sorry…Bwahahaha!!! You finally snapped!!! It’s really entertaining to watch at the sidelines when you fried him…you really are a sadist, Leyla. Poor bastard get what he deserved though…

To the outsiders, they looked like two executives teasing each other during coffee break. Crossing her leg, Leyla adjusted her grey knee length skirt and said

Why I’m in a grey turtleneck when it is hot like hell? Well, I won’t lie to you, hell, I can’t lie to you…it gave me satisfaction to watch him fell into the abyss, he’s been a sadistic perverted marionette-err since we first came…do you remember he tried to subdue you by making you believe I’m your enemy?

Smiling in her earnest, Maria replied

It accentuates your high cheekbone and long neck. That’s really fond memories you recalling. I really missed the times when you tried to kill me.

Closing her eyes, Leyla changed her attire to jeans and white shirt with black leather jacket.

I will never trust you with my wardrobe…Yeah…we fought for 3 long years….been in and out the lovely Reflection Room too many times, I have lost count,, well, he served his purpose, we finally have access to the High Pacifier of IPRT, Khalifah General of the ever-lasting Royal-Subjugators Sir Ahmed Maxillas Azrael Lajaad, second in command in Lajadeen Familia, a man who has gone through the Hajjra. Do you think we can subdue him?

Drinking the hazelnut latte in the large cup, she stares at Leyla and said

You should be more ladylike, Lady Leyla. You looked drop dead gorgeous just now, I ordered you vanilla latte…That’s not what I’m intending to do…I’m planning to tell him that we killed James

Leyla sipped her vanilla latte slowly and muttered

Thanks. The attire is impractical…wait a sec here…WHATTT???? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKIN MIND????

I know you are not near normal and crazier than insane put together but why in the name on Orsia you want to blow our cover?

I found it. Hey, it actually hurts my heart when you say it like that…what’s wrong with my taste?

Incredulously Leyla said

Yeah…you found ‘it’…Whatever ‘it’ supposed to mean….no, I won’t change it, Maria, it’s impractical and it’s freakin hot, don’t do the pleading puppy’s eye on me, it won’t work

Suddenly there’s an image flashed in her mind

WHAT???

You are not kiddin me? You finally found IT??

Smiling with triumph, she looked at Maria and holds her hands, transmitting data from the memories she manages to steal

Yes, my dear beloved Leyla, I found IT actually more to THEM than IT… hmmm… I will fill you in later

Raising her eyebrow, Maria looked into Leyla’s eyes and said

You are bored with Yureka already, huh?

Avoiding her gaze, Leyla took her hands away and reluctantly admits

Errrr…yes, it sounded difficult when I heard of it but it took me less than a day to complete it

A day?

Ok, it took me a hell lot less than a day to complete it

Less than a day, huh?

FINE...it took me precisely 10 minutes to crack the whole thing and rebuild it into another version. I have already uploaded it into the Archive

Laughing and shaking her head, Maria said in disbelief

That’s my Leyla. You are actually crazier than me but pretended otherwise, a closet lunatic. Now, that’s more formidable but must you act when there’s only us?

Smiling, Leyla bow her head and apologize

When they said habit dies hard, they lied. Apparently habit will never die. Apologies, love.

Freely given and taken, love.

Yureka is a virus in form of memory of the previous lost world where it wanders in the Archive, scanning and searching the remnants of the past, where it will attached itself and gradually change and mutilate the memories until it broke apart, usually used by the military dolls to withdraw information from the Resistance.

The world that Maria and Leyla are having their conversation in is build by Maria’s mind using data from Yureka. The year is 2010, in a place called Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre; the Ground Zero, the origin of disaster that struck the world, turning the world into what it is now. Kamui or can be read as Destruction and Rebirth at the same time is summoned here. The people that are walking around didn’t realize that they are dead. They are actually the battery source of the Archive, playing the role that Archive programmed into them and be recycled back as Continuous Energy when the programs end. In the reflection room, Leyla and Maria can enter the Archive freely without being observed and from there, they learn how to fight.

Are you with me? Maria said softly

Holding her hands, Leyla replied

Let’s find Maya and destroy the world

When Maria opens her eyes, a healer is in front of her massaging her heart. She opens her mouth and breath the sterile air of the operating room

The healer stopped the massage and injects her with sleeping fluids where she doze of into slumber

Inform Analyzer Keith, both disciples have successfully revived. They will be ready by tomorrow for the High Pacifier said the healer and with that said, the healer transport the patient into the Waiting Room

No comments:

Post a Comment